Patent system is designed to stimulate technological
invention by the grant of a limited term
monopoly to the inventors and by placing
the disclosure of inventions in the public
domain to facilitate technology transfer
and research. Its origin lay in the need
to exploit technology to the benefit of
Patents Act, 1970, is the law relating to
Patents in India, to grant patents and provide
protection for inventions that are novel
patent is a statutory privilege –
Granted by the Government to inventors and
• to other persons deriving their
rights from the inventor
• for a fixed period of years,
• to exclude other persons from manufacturing,
using or selling a patented product, or
from utilizing a patented method or process.
is nothing but a legal monopoly granted
to the owner of a new invention which is
capable of Industrial use, for a limited
period of time.
new product or process involving an inventive
step and capable of industrial application
is patentable. An inventive step means a
feature of invention that involves technical
advance as compared to the existing knowledge
or having economic significance.
at Sanjeev Niphadkar & Associates are
experienced in securing patent protection
for our clients' inventive ideas and helping
them capture the results of their research.
We are trained in a wide range of technical
disciplines, which allow them to penetrate
our clients' technologies.
also institute and maintain watches on any
particular patent, application or registration
and provide regular reports on their progress.
If you / your client want to stay abreast
of the activities of your competitors, this
is a service that is often useful.
of our clients whom we have assisted in
patent activities are given below:
procedure for registration of a patent is
• Prepare patent specifications.
• Search of patents and technical
• Filing and prosecuting patent applications
• Conduct infringement searches.
• Investigate the validity of patents.
• Filing and conducting oppositions
to the grant of patents as well as defending
applications against oppositions.
• Defend against allegations of infringement.
• Enforce patent rights against infringers.
• Negotiate and settle patent disputes.
• Patent watching, monitoring and
may contact us for any queries that you
may have and we shall be glad to assist
you in the same.